Data Privacy Statement
CEO and Founder: Patrick Mataix
CEO Worldwide Ltd
9 Queen‘s Yard – White Post Lane
London E9 5EN - ENGLAND
Tel: +44 203 137 2581
Company registration number: 8081967
Data Privacy Statement
1. Purpose of and legal grounds for the processing of personal data
Your personal data is processed based on the following purposes and legal grounds:
1.1 Contractual relationship pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit b DS-GVO
We use the personal data you have voluntarily provided (name, address, date of birth, e-mail address) in accordance with Section 6, para. 1 lit. b DS-GVO to process contractual orders, to open a customer account, to process a search request, to set up a search mandate, to set up a candidate profile, to provide a short list corresponding to a search profile, to promote a candidate profile or in the context of pre-contractual measures, such as responding to inquiries. We collect the following data from you:
1.1.1 Data collection by direct input
- Prospects: Using the function: Executive Search Request: contact details of the contact person, company name, details of the vacant position, including job description. If you are using the Executive Search Engine: Specifications of the search profile.
- Customers: Contact details of the contact person, details of the company, details of the open position. We collect the data required for the execution of the search request via a form on the website, which we will send to you upon request, as well as in a personal conversation.
- Newsletter subscribers: When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your surname, first name and e-mail address.
- Candidates: Using the registration form, we collect all necessary personal data that enables us to match a candidate's profile with vacancies using our matching tool. These include: complete contact details, date of birth, CV, professional experience and strengths, special career expectations, type of job sought; for candidates wishing to make an investment into the company they join next, we will also ask for the desired investment amount. Furthermore, candidates can upload articles, videos and photos to enhance their profile.
- Users of the chat window: When you visit our website you have the opportunity to contact us directly via a chat window. If you use this function, you share the following data: e-mail address, your request.
- Blog visitors: If you use the comment function on our blog, we collect the following data: name, e-mail address, optional website. If you would like to follow us, we collect your e-mail address.
1.1.2 Indirect collection of data
- Customers: Through publicly accessible sources, such as: LinkedIn, company reports, including management information via services such as Dun & Bradstreet, through other websites with publicly accessible information.
- Candidates: Through publicly available sources, such as: LinkedIn, company reports, including management information through services such as Dun & Bradstreet, through other websites with publicly available information, and through personal recommendations, for example through a recommendation of a former employer or colleague.
- References: To check the data of candidates, we ask candidates to provide to us references, which we contact in the course of a placement. We collect the following data: surname, first name, e-mail address, phone, position and name of the company as well as type of relationship with the candidate.
1.2 Legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. f DS-GVO
Based on legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. f DS-GVO, we process the required data collected under 1.1. for the following purposes:
- We use the selection made via the Executive Search Engine to display the candidate profiles you are looking for.
- To process a search query before it is converted into a search mandate or query for a specific candidate.
- To process a search request, including the creation of a search mandate, search, organisation of interviews, set up of contracts; in the context of an interim management order, and upon request, to process the financial remuneration of the interim manager hired. To prepare a shortlist, we forward information about the open position to selected candidates.
- To organize interviews, we inform the selected candidates about the inquiring company
- To provide information about special offers and news from CEO Worldwide that may be of interest to the customer.
- To verify the candidate's information prior to adding the candidate to the shortlist.
- To create a candidate profile: Selected aspects of this profile can be displayed publicly on the website, e.g. photo, first name, experience, career expectations, etc.). This profile can be viewed on the website using the Executive Search Engine search function. Publication only takes place with the consent of the candidate and can be changed by the candidate at any time. When publishing the profile, there are two options: free and paid, depending on whether the candidate wishes to be published in anonymous form (free of charge) or with his contact details shown. Using the payment option, the data required for payment is forwarded to a payment service provider (e.g. Paypal, Mastercard). In the case of order processing, this processing is carried out in compliance with the regulations for order processing pursuant to Art. 28 DS-GVO.
- Recruitment: Candidate data is automatically matched against vacancies using a special tool developed by CEO Worldwide. If there is a match, the candidate will be contacted after manual review by a CEO Worldwide employee and informed about the vacancy. If the candidate applies to the vacancy, the application sent to us will be forwarded to the customer in an anonymous form. Furthermore, references will be contacted to verify the information provided.
- To promote the candidate profile: In agreement with the candidate, his profile is presented as iCEO of the week/month on the homepage. After prior consent, we will promote the articles and videos uploaded by a candidate on our homepage, in our newsletter, blog, RRS feed, YouTube and our social media channels, and, in some cases place special advertisements. Candidates can use the Online Video Studio, a tool from Clipchamp that enables them to record and upload a video. The data will be processed on the candidates system until uploaded to our YouTube channel. In the case of order processing, this processing is carried out in compliance with the regulations for order processing pursuant to Art. 28 DS-GVO.
- To send iCEO Connect News and all necessary communications to ensure an up to date candidate presentation and successful recruitment activity.
- Newsletter subscribers:
- To send out the CEO Worldwide newsletter at a frequency of no more than once a month. In order to process the send out, we may forward the required data to specialized service providers. The data may only be stored and used by these service providers in order to perform their tasks. In the case of order processing, this processing is carried out in compliance with the regulations for order processing pursuant to Art. 28 DS-GVO.
- You have the right to object at any time to the use of the data for advertising purposes. Also, you may object to the use of your e-mail address at any time. Notification to this effect in written form sent to the contact information under point 6 (e. g. e-mail, fax, letter) is sufficient.
- Users of the chat window:
- To answer your questions directly via the chat window. When using the chat window, your data will be processed by the company Quality Unit, s. r. o., Slovakia. Quality Unit complies with the privacy provisions of the EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement and is registered with the US Department of Commerce's Privacy Shields Program. The data may only be stored and used by these service providers in order to perform their tasks. In the case of order processing, this processing is carried out in compliance with the regulations for order processing pursuant to Art. 28 DS-GVO.
- Blog visitors:
- To publish your comments on our blog and to enable the Follow function, if you have completed it.
2. Use of data for advertising purposes
When you subscribe to our newsletter, you receive regular information about current offers from CEO Worldwide Ltd and our label Female Executive Search as well as exclusive insight knowledge from our candidates and partners. You must be over the age of 16 to register for the newsletter. We use the so-called double-opt-in method, i. e. we will only send you a newsletter if you confirm our notification e-mail by clicking the link provided to confirm that we should activate the newsletter service. The personal data collected during registration for the newsletter along with your consent pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. a DS-GVO will be used for the distribution of newsletters, to process your queries and for specific product recommendations based on legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. f DS-GVO. For statistical purposes, we evaluate in anonymous form which links were clicked in the newsletter. This e-mail address is not passed on to third parties, but is only used to send our own newsletter.
You can revoke your consent to receiving the newsletter and to the processing of your personal data at any time via the Unsubscribe link in the newsletter or via [email protected].
2.2. Individual advertising of candidates and vacancies
2.2.1 Presentation of candidate profiles on the website
Candidates can activate their profile for viewing on the website. Thereby they can determine the scope of the information released and change the settings themselves via their candidate account at any time. The scope of information shown also depends on the type of account they opted for: free or paid. The activated profiles (short bio) can be viewed via the Executive Search Engine. Independently of the presentation on the search engine, we also present candidate profiles on the homepage, both by displaying candidate photos in the Royal Slider and through the special format iCEO of the week/month. Candidates who are selected as iCEO of the week/month will be notified by e-mail of the special presentation of their profile and can object to this at any time.
2.2.2 Presentation of articles, videos, etc.
Candidates can provide us with articles, success stories, white papers, e-books and videos to help us present their specific expertise, profile, etc. to potential customers. Upon the candidate's prior written consent, these articles and videos are promoted in conjunction with the candidate's profile through one or more of the following channels: Website, CEO-Worldwide Newsletter, CEO Worldwide Blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, RSS Feed, Xing and YouTube. The consent can be withdrawn at any time. In this case, we delete the content from all channels accessible to us. However, dissemination through social networks cannot guarantee that content will not be shared and thus be disseminated beyond our reach. Candidates who make their contents available for promotional activities will be informed on this risk before publication
2.2.3 Promotion of job offers
We advertise open positions via our website as well as through an e-mail to pre-selected candidates using our matching tool. In some cases, we also advertise vacancies via our newsletter and the social networks Google+, LinkedIn, Xing, Facebook and Twitter. Thereby, Company and customer details are not being disclosed and we take utmost care to ensure that no conclusions can be drawn regarding the identity of the client.
2.2.4 Promotion of offers
If we receive your e-mail address in connection with an order and if you have not objected to this, we reserve the right to regularly send you offers from our range of products and services in accordance with Sect. 7(3) UWG.
You will receive these offers and service recommendations from us regardless of whether you have subscribed to a newsletter. In this way, we would like to inform you about the services we offer that may be of interest to you based on your recent business with us. If you do not wish to receive any service recommendations or any further advertising from us, you can object to this at any time. Notification in written form sent to the contact details provided under point 5 (e. g. e-mail, letter) is sufficient. Of course, you will also find an Unsubscribe link in every e-mail.
3. Duration of data storage
We store data as long as it is being used for the respective processing purposes (e. g. contract execution, warranty, advertising purposes) and for the fulfillment of commercial and tax-related retention provisions pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. c DS-GVO and Section 257(1) HGB and Section 147(2) AO. Candidates who have not been placed may delete their data at any time. Data of candidates who have been placed as well as the associated customer data are subject to tax-related retention provisions.
4. Data transfer outside of the EU
Data processing is primarily carried out in France or in states of the European Union. The server of CEO Worldwide Ltd. is located at TAS (https://www.tasgroup.fr/) in France, where CEO Worldwide Ltd. was originally based. The data collected via the chat function is processed by LiveAgent. LiveAgent is compliant with the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. If processing is planned in certain instances in third countries, this processing will only be carried out if the level of adequacy of data protection in the third country has been established by the EU Commission according to Art. 45 DS-GVO or based on EU standard contractual clauses. This does not apply to the transmission of data in the course of a recruitment process, if the customer has his registered office in a country whose adequacy of the level of data protection in the third country has not been determined by the EU Commission pursuant to Art. 45 DS-GMO. In this case, data will only be transferred by e-mail after prior clarification of the separate risks of the transfer and consent given.
5. Entity responsible for processing personal data
The entity responsible for processing personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation is CEO Worldwide Ltd, 9, Queens Yard – White Post Land, London E9 5EN, UK, represented by CEO Patrick Mataix. Email address: [email protected]
6. The right of information, complaint, data correction, deletion, and portability
According to the Basic Data Protection Ordinance, you have the following rights:
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted provided that the deletion does not contradict the fulfilment of the commercial and tax storage regulations according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DS-GVO and § 257 para. 1 HGB and § 147 para. 2 AO.
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- to complain to a supervisory authority.
7. Information on your right to object pursuant to Art. 21 DS-GVO
For reasons arising out of your particular situation, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of any personal data relating to you, according to Art. 6(1) lit. f DS-GVO.
Moreover, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Notification to this effect in written form sent to the contact information under point 5 (e. g. e-mail, letter) is sufficient.
8. Data security
We take technical and organizational measures to protect the privacy of the users of our website and the connected systems. To ensure the secure transmission of personal data, we use the HTTPS encryption protocol. This method is used successfully throughout the entire World Wide Web. All personal data (name, address, payment information, etc.) is encrypted and thus transmitted securely on the internet. You will recognize it by a symbol (closed padlock) in the window bar of your browser, indicating that you are currently located in a secure area.
When visiting our website, information is stored on your browser in the form of a cookie (small text files). This stores information pertaining to your use on the website (identifier ID, date of visit, etc.). With these cookies, we facilitate the use of our online offering through various service functions (for example the recognition of previous visits) and can thus tailor our internet offering to better suit your needs. Cookies from the following providers may be used:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Google Webmastertools
- YouTube (Google)
- Bing (Microsoft)
You can prevent the storage of cookies and delete existing cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser. The help function of most browsers explains how to make these settings. If you do not accept cookies, this might limit the service functionality of the internet offering. For this reason, we recommend leaving the cookie function switched on.
You will find comprehensive information on how to deactivate cookies on numerous browsers on the following websites: youronlinechoices, Network Advertising Initiative and / or Digital Advertising Alliance. There you also will find information on how to delete cookies from your computer as well general information on cookies:
Cloudflare protects and accelerates our website. Cloudflare directs web traffic through an intelligent global network. This automatically optimizes the delivery of our website so that visitors get the shortest page load times and the best performance. It also blocks threats and prevents abusive bots and crawlers from depleting our bandwidth and server resources. In order to provide this service, Cloudflare places a cookie on your system and collects data such as IP address and timestamp.
Cloudflare is a U.S. company, Cloudflare, Inc., 101 Townsend St., San Francisco, CA 94107
9.2 Google Adwords and Conversion Tracking
This website uses the “Google AdWords” online advertising program and Google AdWords conversion tracking. The conversion tracking cookie is stored when a user clicks on an ad displayed by Google. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer system. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we can recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked through AdWords advertisers' websites. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers are informed of the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. They do not, however, receive information that personally identifies users. If you do not want to participate in tracking, you can opt out of this usage by disabling the Google Conversion Tracking cookie from your internet browser under User Settings. You will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics
9.3 Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies,” text files that are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google, however, within member states of the European Union or other countries participating in the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and internet use.
The IP address of your browser transmitted by Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to fully use all the functionality of this website. In addition, you can prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
It must be noted that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()” and therefore IP addresses are processed only in shortened form to exclude a direct personal reference.
9.4 Google Webmastertools
The Google Webmaster tool provides information that helps us improve the visibility of our website in search engines. It enables us to view the amount of impressions our site generates in search engines within organic search results, by keyword or by page. We can also monitor the click rates from the search engine results pages through to our website. We may also use a XML Sitemap to help Google crawl our site, or to search for crawl errors and allow Google to notify us of technical problems, such as an increase of 404 (undetected) errors.
On our website, you will find embedded YouTube videos. When you view these videos on our site, YouTube places a cookie on your system. By doing so, YouTube stores the information that you have watched this video and uses this information to show you similar videos in your individual recommendation viewing list.
YouTube is a video streaming service of Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California, 94043, USA
9.6 Bing Webmastertools
This website uses Bing Webmastertools, a web analytics service of Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA
Bing Webmastertools uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to and stored by Microsoft on servers in the United States.
However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be reduced by Microsoft within Member States of the European Union or in other countries party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Microsoft server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Microsoft will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website use and internet use to the website operator.
Microsoft complies with the data protection provisions of the EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement and is registered with the US Department of Commerce's Privacy Shields Program.
For more information about Microsoft's privacy practices, visit https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/
10. Server log files
The provider of the website automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files that your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address.
These data cannot be assigned to specific persons and are not being connected to other data sources.
We reserve the right to check these data, should we receive specific indications of illegal use.
11. Web fonts
This website uses external fonts, Google Fonts.
Google Fonts is a service of Google Inc. "("Google").
These web fonts are integrated by a server call, usually a Google server in the USA.
This transfers to the server which of our Internet pages you have visited.
The IP address of the browser of the visitor's terminal device is also stored by Google.
12. Social Plugins
Our website uses the social plugin ShareThis from ShareThis, Inc., 4005 Miranda Avenue, Suite 100, Palo Alto, CA 94304-1227, USA.
All other icons of social media platforms (Google+, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn) are links, i.e. they are not anchored in our website via a plug-in code and do not collect any data via our website.
ShareThis provides a customizable social sharing tool, making sharing online content simple. You can easily share anything on the web with your friends on social sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Email, Digg, Reddit and more through one tool (“ShareThis Icon”). In addition to the sharing service offered directly to you, this technology also allows ShareThis to gather information regarding the browsing and sharing from those websites that use the ShareThis Icon. This enables ShareThis, Publishers, advertisers, and data partners to facilitate the delivery of relevant, targeted advertising, analytics, and data modeling based on social sharing.
For EU/EEA residents the cookies, IP addresses, device IDs etc. that ShareThis collects and processes are “personal data” according to European law (the GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation), ie defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”).
ShareThis promotes transparency and control for users as members of various self-regulatory programs.
ShareThis also participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. For more information, view the Privacy Shield policy: https://www.sharethis.com/privacy/
13. Functional PlugIn
LiveAgent is a plug-in from Quality Unit s. r. o., Vajnorska 100/A83104 Bratislava Slovakia (European Union), which enables you and us to communicate directly via the chat on our website. This should make it as easy as possible for you to use our service and communicate with us at your convenience. As soon as you use the chat function, you share the data entered (email address, message) with LiveAgent. LiveAgent stores the data in accordance with the provisions of the DSG-VO for two years.
Sendspark's PlugIn allows you to record high-quality videos directly from your device and save them on your device or upload them directly to Sendspark.
More information about how the plugin works: https://www.sendspark.com/
Data collection and purpose specification
CEO Worldwide may place a cookie on your computer to collect non-personal statistical information to increase user friendliness on our website. The cookie helps us to collect data on the average time spent viewing a page, common paths taken by visitors through the site, browser settings and other general information. We use this data to improve the services on our site and to refine the user experience.
Contents of the website
CEO Worldwide does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information unless the mistake occurred intentionally or through gross negligence. This refers to any loss, material or immaterial, suffered as a result of the use of this web site. It is explicitly reserved to CEO Worldwide to change, to complement and to delete parts or the entity of this website without prior announcement or to cease its publication temporarily or completely. All offers are subject to change and non-binding.
References and links
We explicitly dissociate from all content of linked sites on our website. This explanation is valid for all external links on this website. Herewith, CEO Worldwide explains explicitly that at the moment of the linking no illegal content appeared on the linked site. The author can not influence the actual and future arrangement, contents or authorship of the linked sites that were changed after linking them. This adoption is valid for all internal links on the own site and for foreign links on the partner-sites.
CEO Worldwide aims to respect the copyright of all material published on this website. All mentioned and if applicable otherwise protected trademarks and logos succumb to the particular copyrights. The copyright of all CEO Worldwide owned material lies with CEO Worldwide. CEO Worldwide holds all rights including the rights of reproduction, duplication and distribution (data networks, data carriers).
This general disclaimer is part of the material offered on the CEO Worldwide website. If any of the terms and conditions should be determined invalid by reason of the relevant laws then the remaining terms and conditions shall remain in full effect.
Please note that CEO Worldwide performs background checks on all of our candidates. This solely includes confirmation of previous employment as well as the obtainment of references. No criminal background check is conducted. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that the Client follow up on this process in order to have complete knowledge of the candidate's background, including criminal records and offenses, if any.
- Call us: USA +1 646 898 2014 | UK +44 203 137 2581 | France +33 970 448 419 | Germany +49 89 5480 3739 | India +91 124 663 7651
a timely professional matching process to identify and present the right international executives with relevant local expertise amongst our interim managers, executives, and executive investors.
a unique cross-border reactivity with a first selection of international executives submitted to our clients in less than 10 days through an executive search amongst our executives and interim managers.
for any executive recruitment, the clients have the flexibility either to sign a few months interim management agreement or to hire directly our vetted executives for a permanent position.
100% success fees based on executive recruitment closing. A fixed recruitment fee specific by region and unique for any salary. No retained fees. No exclusivity.